Innovative Works, Inc. Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT)
This letter is to inform you about Innovative Works, Inc. ("IWI") requirements for suppliers regarding responsible sourcing of minerals.
1. Determine if case products/components supplied to IWI contain any 3TG metals which include tin, tungsten, tantalum and/or gold.
2. Please fill out CMRT Template and submit to us as soon as possible.
** Please Note: To open the CMRT Excel File you will need to open it with any version Microsoft Excel or Microsoft 365.
Please complete and submit CMRT Excel form via our website's "Contact Us" section using the File Upload button.
If you have determined that your products contain tin, tungsten, tantalum and/or gold (3TG metals) or Cobalt:
1. Identify all smelters in your supply chain that supply the 3TG metals or Cobalt. If you do not source directly from smelters, please pass on this request to your suppliers (and they may have to pass it on to their suppliers).
2. Cascade the request to only source from conflict free smelters (RMAP or equivalent) to your suppliers and ask them to do the same with their next tier partners. In addition, we rely on your support to request non-audited smelters to be audited.
3. If you have not done so yet, please adopt a policy to reasonably assure that the 3TG metals in your products do not directly or indirectly finance or benefit armed groups in the DRC or an adjoining country.
IWI's position on Responsible Sourcing of Minerals
Responsible sourcing of minerals is integral to IWI's supplier sustainability commitment. It is our intention to do our utmost to ensure that the products and components in our supply chain do not contain metals which have contributed to the conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). We support responsible sourcing from the region via validated smelter/refiners. IWI expects its suppliers to adopt a similar policy.
We require our suppliers to perform supply chain due diligence, identify smelters and provide this information to us upon request regardless of whether suppliers are subject to the SEC requirements. Additionally, we expect you to review the due diligence information received from your suppliers against your company’s expectations and take corrective actions if needed.
IWI expects suppliers to steer their supply chain towards using only smelters validated via RMAP
(or equivalent). A list of conflict-free validated smelters is available on the RMI website
. We request all suppliers using smelters that are not yet verified as conflict-free to address these smelters with a request to participate in the RMI smelter audit program (or equivalent) or otherwise switch to an already audited smelter.
Contact us at: email@example.com. We count on your full cooperation in this important matter.
Innovative Works, Inc.